Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Precision Camera Update: Pending Parts

I picked Precision Camera to repair my Canon because they boasted fast turn-around times (time is money) and a large inventory of parts (and a few other reasons I hope won't also become significant in the near future). Oh for the days when I had a real cannon and didn't care if it worked or not.

So the process flowchart on Precision Camera's customer status page now displays a bright red STOP sign and the words: "Repair is on hold, waiting for parts."

And no, I haven't a clue what parts. I assumed my shutter release assembly malfunctioned. Shutter release assemblies malfunction all the time (on Canon cameras), so you'd think they'd have the parts in bulk. Besides, the video of a malfunctioning Canon camera I saw on YouTube made the same clickety sounds, and it had a malfunctioning shutter release assembly, too.

So here I sit not knowing what is wrong with my camera or how long it will take to fix, and I can only hope the repair won't cost more than I'd hoped. I'd rather know now. If I do need to buy a new camera, I'd rather do it sooner than later so I can shoot some more weddings and start making up for the loss.

Oh well. The Missus reports that several people commented favorably on the photos she took to work to decorate her (Borg) cube where she continues to resist assimilation. One colleague apparently mistook them for calendar photos.

I think I'm going to teach myself matting and framing.

© 2010 - Robert Lawton, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment